Angeles National Forest, Rowher Flats, Santa Clara / Mojave Rivers Ranger District
Last Known Status
This is a secluded and somewhat run down OHV area in the Angeles National Forest. This area offers an 80cc mini track, some play areas with large parking lots, technical hill climbs and basic services.
There are some trails for motorcycles, ATVs and 4x4s that are marked and rated, however most are hard, dry and rocky. The main access road is long but has been smoothed and graveled. Two new trails have also been recently added. Additional access can be found off Bouquet Canyon Road which can also be used to access the northern portion of Rowher Flats and Drinkwater Flats. Bring your own water and shade. An Adventure Pass is required and must be obtained prior to arrival.
From: Newhall, CA
1) Take Lyon Ave to Hwy 14 E (Antleope Valley Freeway)
2) Exit at Sand Canyon
3) Go North (left) on Sand Canyon to Sierra Highway (East)
4) Turn right on Sierra Highway (east)
5) Travel 5 miles (approx) to Rush Canyon Road (sign on left side of road)
6) Follow Rush Canyon Road (rough ruts) to staging area, also staging 2 & 3 further along the road.
For Sierra Pelona Ridge Trailhead:
1) Take Bouquet Canyon Road north about 13 miles
2) Trailhead is on the right (east).
Note: Pelona Ridge Trailhead is about located about 1 mile north past the Big Oaks Lodge.
TYPE OF AREA
Trail, trails are hard packed, some open play areas
secluded, free, basic services, many trails, some free play areas, trails marked & rated