Rock Creek OHV, Mace Mill Road, Balderson Road, Eldorado National Forest
Last Known Status
The main staging area here is primitive, with just a vault toilet and an information kiosk with a box of maps (often empty) but the narrow trails are very well maintained and offer some cool bridges and winding brush tunnels. Although the area has some great trails, it is heavily managed and has some unpredictable closure periods so always call before you haul. Trail Map...Directions...Nearby Trails...
From: Auburn, CA
1) Take Hwy 49 E to Hwy 193 E (approx 6 1/2 miles)
2) Take Hwy 193 E to Georgetown. (approx 12 miles)
3) Turn left on Wentworth Springs Road (Main Street) and continue 6 miles
4) Turn right on Balderston Road (*Note: go past the first Balderson Road and take the second one)
5) Follow Balderson Road to Mace Mill Road. Staging area is straight ahead.
TYPE OF AREA
mostly single track, loops are fairly easy and fun, nice woods scenery, many motorycle-only trails
somewhat dry, no services, primitive campsites, frequent or unpredictable closures