Hungry Valley State Recreation Area, Hungry Valley State Vehicular Recreation Area Trails, Hungr Valley Mx, Hungry Valley SVRA, Mt. Pines, Freeman Canyon, Kinsey Ranch, Pipeline Road, Hungry Valley OHV, Gorman OHV Area, Gormon
Last Known Status
This huge area offers over 130 miles of ATV trails and numerous camping and staging opportunities.
Most of the trails are wide and smooth, consisting mostly of dry hard pack, usually without too many rocks. There are also some sand washes and short climbs. The daytime temperatures can be very hot, and there is no water and the ramadas provide very little shade so we recommend you bring extra shelter.
A mini motocross track can be found next to the Smith Forks campground and a 10 acre 4WD practice area next to Aliklik campground offers eight man-made obstacles. The Quail Canyon MX Track to the southeast is open for practice daily and can be accesses by taking the the Pronghorn Trail.
From: Los Angeles, CA
1) Take I-5 north towards the town of Gorman, about 40 miles
2) Take exit 202
3) At base of ramp turn left (south)
4) Proceed about 250 yards
5) At the T-intersection turn right (west) on Peace Valley Road
6) Continue about 1 mile
7) Turn left on Goldhill Road
8) First staging opportunity is about .3 miles on the right (paved, with day use only). Many more staging opportunities with camping ammenities are located further in on Goldhill Road.