Bussy, Bluff Creek OHV Park, Bussie, Gravity Cavity, Mahaska County
Last Known Status
This abandoned strip mine consists of about 20 miles of trails, steep hill climbs, deep pits and four motocross tracks. One track is for beginners and novices and one very challenging track is known as "Gravity Cavity".
The park is open year round but will close temporarily during and after bad weather. Riding is allowed from dawn to dusk and primitive camping is permitted. The campground has 13 sites and amenities includes two water spigots, restrooms with flush toilets and shower stalls.
There is no fee required to ride or camp, but all vehicles must display an Iowa OHV Sticker. Trails are well maintained and marked with some cool bridge crossings, thanks to the Bluff Creek Riders Association and the Iowa OHV Association.
From: Oskaloosa, IA
1) Take US-63 south about 6.4 miles
2) Turn right (west) on CR-G71/310th Street, continue 5.1 miles
3) Turn left (south) on CR-T39, continue 1.2 miles
4) Turn right (west) on 325th Street, continue about .8 miles
5) Park entrance is on the right (north).