Hodges Village Reservoir, French River, Stumpy Pond, Cedar Swamp, Hodges Dam
Last Known Status
Located next to the French River outside Oxford, Massachusetts, this area offers about 10 miles of motorcycle trails that consists of easy but fast flowing singletrack with several bridge crossings, some moderately challenging sections and a newly installed obstacle course.
The motorcycle trails are located on the western side of the river while the hiking and mountain bike trails are located on the eastern side which are marked with blue and yellow blazes. There are two staging areas however the northern access off Clara Barton Road is the most popular with motorcyclists.
The trails are open for most of the year but may temporarily close for spring thaw. For current trail conditions call (978) 318-8426.
From: Worcester, MA
1) Take I-290 south to exit 6B (I-290 turns into I-395)
2) Turn right (west) off the exit ramp Washington St./US-20, continue 1.7 miles
3) Veer left (south) onto SR-12, continue 1.4 miles
4) Turn right (west) on Clara Barton Road, continue .2 miles
5) Turn left (south) after bridge, continue about .5 miles
6) Staging area is on the right.
TYPE OF AREA
Federal Flood Control Dam USACE
nice single track, beautiful scenery, good variety of easy and technical trails
small parking area, no camping
Miles Of Trail
500 to 750 ft.
Marked, Not Rated, Lightly Maintained
Hunting permitted on the west side of the French Reservoir.