Flathead National Forest, Swan Lake Island Unit, Swan Lake Ranger District, Blacktail Mountain Ski Area
Last Known Status
Designed mainly for 4x4s, this trail system is open to all OHVs. Obstacles have been added throughout the trail system for ATVs and UTVs with each having a bypass trail for beginner riders. The area offers great mountain views and scenic vistas of the surrounding lakes. Be sure to say thanks to the Skyliners 4WD Club for maintaining these trails.
From: Lakeside, MT
For The Blacktail Trailhead:
1) Take Blacktail Road west about 12 miles
2) Staging area is on the left.
For The Wild Bill Trailhead:
3) From Hwy 2 turn south on Kila Road, continue 1.8 miles
4) Turn left (south-east) on Smith Lake Road, continue .2 miles
5) Turn right (south) on Browns Mountain Road, continue 1 mile
6) Turn left (south-east) on Truman Creek Road, continue 2.3 miles
7) After pavement ends turn right on Wild Bill Road, continue 2.7 miles
8) Turn left (east) on a seemingly private driveway, continue .1 miles
9) Trailhead is on the right (south).