|Home > Oregon > Millican Plateau||Scroll down for trail contact information and regulations. Select a photo to enlarge.|
Monday, September 05, 2016
Milican ODOT Pit, North Millican Valley OHV Trail System, South Millican Valley OHV Trail System
|Last Known Status||Open|
This is another huge area, but primitive camping is permitted so you can stay awhile. The area consists of four sections:
(1) Milican ODOT Pit is open year round and has gravel mounds and a beginners loop sections that is fenced off. Trucks and other 4WDs are not permitted in the pit area and the area gets pretty dry and dusty during the summer.
(2) Milican Plateau is open year-round and consists of sandy trails with sagebrush/juniper vegetation.
(3) North Millican is open May 1 through November 30 and offers a large cinder pit/play area.
(4) South Millican is located on an ancient lakebed and terrain is mainly flat with some rolling hills. The trails are sandy but are well marked and is seasonally open August 1 through November 30.
|Nearest City||Millican, OR|
|From: Bend, OR
1) Take US-20 east toward the town of Millican, about 25 miles
2) Continue about 1 mile past town, look for Millican/ODOT staging area signs (staging area is on the north side of highway).
For Four Corners Staging Area:
3) Take US-20 to Powell Butte Hwy, continue 1 mile
4) Turn right (east) onto Alfalfa Market Road, continue about 16 miles.
5) Look for Four Corners Staging Area signs.
|Our Rating||Good |
|Recommended Stay||1-2 Days|
|Comments||(Scroll Down For Visitor Reviews & Comments)|
|Permit Required||Yes||Oregon ATV Permit stickers required|
|Dates Open||Milican ODOT Pit and Plateau Trails open year-round, North Millican is open 5/1-11/30, South Millican is open 8/1-11/30|
|Spark Arrestor||Yes||A spark arresting silencer or end cap is required for all vehicles.|
|Noise Limit||Yes (99 dB)|
|Whip Flags||Not Required|
|Maximum Vehicle Width|
|UTVs / SXS||Some Areas|
|4x4s / Jeeps (registered)||Some Areas||37 miles open to Jeeps and UTVs|
|Dune Buggy/Sand Rail|
|Prohibited||Oregon ATV Permit stickers required|
|Two Strokes /|
2 Cycle Engines
|Camping||No Restriction||(camp anywhere)|
|Cross Country||Prohibited||stay on trails|
|Emergency / Law Enforcement|
|Insurance||*Disclaimer: RiderPlanet strongly recommends that all visitors get insurance for their ATV, UTV or motorcycle before visiting any of the locations shown on this website.|
|Contact Info||Central Oregon OHV Operations|
1230 NE 3rd Street Suite A-262
Bend, OR 97701
|Comment||24-Hour OHV Trail Hotline|
|Contact Info||BLM - Prineville District|
3050 NE Third Street
Prinville, OR 97754
|Miles Of Trail||100|
|Elevation||3300 to 4200 ft.|
|Hazards||Few||(hazards assumed marked but use caution)|
|First Aid||20-30 Miles (NW)||Cascade Healthcare Community (541) 382-4321|
|Gasoline||20-30 Miles (NW)||Shell (541) 385-3074|
|Diesel||20-30 Miles (NW)||Shell (541) 385-3074|
|Water||5-20 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir Campground (541) 447-4363|
|RV Hookup||20-30 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir Campground (541) 447-4363|
|RV Disposal||20-30 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir Campground (541) 447-4363|
|Conv Store||Millican, OR|
|Swim Area||5-20 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir (541) 447-4363|
|Water Body||5-20 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir (503) 967-3917|
|Boat Ramp||5-20 Miles (NE)||Powderhouse Cove Boat Ramp (541) 389-6541|