Buffalo Mountain Park, Buffalo Mountain, Cherokee National Forest, Horse Cove Gap Trailhead, Unicoi County, Cherokee Mountain, Pinnacle Mountain, Straight Creek, Sinking Creek, Briar Creek, Trail #29
Last Known Status
Buffalo Mountain ATV Trail (not to be confused with the Buffalo Mountain ATV Trail System in West Virginia) is located in the northern section of the Cherokee National Forest and is the only trail in this forest that is open to ATVs. The trail is about 12 miles long and starts off with a steep climb from the staging area. Trail is not recommended for beginner riders due to rocky sections, roots, tree stumps and steep climbs.
From: Johnson City, TN
1) Take US-19W to exit 24
2) Turn left (west) off the exit ramp onto University Pkwy/SR-67, continue .9 miles
3) Turn left (south) on Cherokee Road, continue 2 miles
4) Turn left (south-east) on Lone Oak Road, continue .6 miles
5) Road name changes to Dry Creek Road, continue 2.8 miles
6) Staging area is on the left (east).