Prentice Cooper Wildlife Management Area, Marion County, Tennessee River Gorge
Last Known Status
This large area is located outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee and offers many miles of ATV trails. The two designated campgrounds in the forest provide direct access to the trails however large trailers and RVs are advised to stage at Hunters Check Station Campground as there is more ample room then Davis Pond Campground. Tower Drive south of Pot Point Road, Elder Point, Long Point and Inman Point trails close temporarily between late April through early July for turkey nesting season however exact dates vary each year. Call before you haul.
From: Chattanooga, TN
1) Take US-27 north about 2 miles to exit for US-127
2) Bear right on ramp, continue .3 miles
3) Veer right (west) on US-127, continue 1.7 miles
4) Turn left (south-west) on Suck Creek Road, continue 8 miles
5) Turn left (west) on Choctow Trail, continue .2 miles
6) Turn left (south) on Game Reserve Road, continue about 2 miles
7) Hunters Check Station Campground is on the left (east).
For Davis Pond Camground:
8) Continue south past Hunters Check Station Campground about 8 miles
9) Campground entrance is on the left (east).