Open to all OHVs, this area offers miles of single track trails, 4x4 trails and several rock play areas. Horseback and mountain bike riders are also welcome. The terrain includes some grassy hills, open pits and several man made lakes that are open for boating and fishing.
There is no fee to use the trails and the area is open from sunrise to sunset. Recent improvements have been made which include a new parking lot with adjacent restrooms.
Camping is currently not permitted but future plans include adding a campground. NearbyYellow Banks Recreation Center and Scales Lake Park offer primitive and RV hookup sites.
2014 Southern Indiana Grand Prix Series - Round 1 A GP event is scheduled for Sunday, April 27. Gates open at 6am, signups at 7am. Cost is $30/adult and youth classes and $20/peewee class. AMA membership is not required. Gate fee is $5/person and kids 5 and under are free. Course is about 4 to 7 miles long. For more information call (812) 319-9538.
From: Evansville, IN
1) Take I-164 north to exit 21A
2) Merge onto I-64 east, continue 9.8 miles to exit 39
3) Turn left (north) off the exit ramp on SR-61, continue .3 miles
4) Turn right (east) on SR-68, continue 3.2 miles
5) Look for green reclamation project sign on the left (north), turn here. Follow road to staging area.