Catahoula Recreation, Catahoula OHV Area, Carahoula Recreation Area, Sicily Island
Last Known Status
Deep woods scenery, tall hill climbs, challenging and steep single track trails, open play areas, deep water crossings plus an 800’ sand drag strip can all be found at this off road park. The park is available by appointment only except during special event days. Primitive camping is free however there is a charge for electricity, which is around $10.00 per night. There are some bunkhouses available but bring your own sleeping bags. Amenities include restroom and shower facilities.
From: Alexandria, LA
1) Take SR-28 east about 35 miles
2) Turn right on US-84, continue 10.4 miles
3) Turn left (north) on SR-124, continue 9.8 miles
4) Turn right on SR-8, continue 8.4 miles
5) Turn left (north) on SR-913, continue 2.3 miles
6) Turn left on gravel road, follow signs to the park.