Chadwick, Chadwick Atv Trails, Chadwick Atv And Motorcycle Area, Chadwick ORV, Chadwick OHV Area, Christian County, Mark Twain National Forest, Camp Ridge, KC Pavilion, Cobb Ridge, Bull Creek, Lookout Road, Medlook Hollow, Peckout Hollow, Flyblow Hollow, Strawberry Ridge, Yount Hollow, Cobb Ridge Recreation Area
Last Known Status
This large trail system offers about 80 miles of marked woods trails and two play areas that are open to ATVs and motorcycles. Trails can be described as mostly challenging with some rocky sections. Camp Ridge and KC Pavilion offer direct trail access however are open to day use only.
Camping can be found at Cobb Ridge Campground which offers some electric hookup, drinking water, restroom and shower facilities along with direct trail access. Forest Service permits can be purchased at the nearby Kay's Country Store. ATV riders must purchase a separate county permit in addition to the Forest Service permit which can be obtained by visiting the Christian County Clerks Office.
From: Springfield, MO
1) Take US-65 south about 14 miles to exit for MO-F/US-65 east
2) Turn left (east) off the exit ramp on US-65 east, continue 8.8 miles (road changes to SR-14)
3) Veer right onto SR-125, continue 7.6 miles
4) Turn right (west) on SR-H, continue 1.1 miles
5) Turn right (west) on Camp Ridge Road, staging area is on the left.
For Cobb Ridge Campground and KC Pavilion Staging Area:
6) Continue past Camp Ridge Road for 1.3 miles
7) Turn right (west) on Lookout Road, continue .5 miles
8) Campground entrance is on the left (south) or continue straight another .5 miles toward the KC Pavilion Staging Area.