Uwharrie National Forest, Shingle Trap Mountain, Dutch Jones Creek, Gold Mine Branch, Moccasin Creek, Badin Lake OHV Trails
Last Known Status
This popular trail system offers about 20 miles of challenging trails that consist of steep, rocky and muddy sections, stream crossings and loose gravel. The trail system is primarily geared for jeeps and ATVs but all OHVs are permitted. Primitive camping is available but there are also several developed campgrounds nearby including Arrowhead Campground and Badin Lake Campground. A boat ramp can found at Arrowhead campground. An OHV Trail Pass is required and can be purchased at nearby vendors or at the Uwharrie National Forest District Office. Trail Map...Directions...Nearby Trails...
From: Lexington, NC
1) Take US-64 east to the junction of SR-109, about 10 miles
2) Turn right (south) on SR-109, continue about 25 miles
3) Veer right on SR-1153/Reservation Road, continue .4 miles
4) Turn right on Moccasin Creek Road, continue about 300 yards
5) Turn left at fork on Cotton Place Road, continue about 1 mile towards the staging area.