Pisgah National Forest, Parks Creek, Carroll Creek, Pearcey Creek, Lenoir, Grandfather Ranger District
Last Known Status
This popular trail system offers about 34 miles of marked and maintained OHV and single-track trails with challenges ranging from easy to difficult.
The main entrance road is RV accessible and the staging area offers ample parking opportunities. A trail pass is required and is around $5/day or $30/season but must be obtained in advance by contacting the Grandfather Ranger District at (828) 652-2144. Primitive camping is permitted but the area is very busy during the weekends.
Interestingly, nearby Brown Mountain has a mysterious reputation for unexplained light orbs which have been reported on moonless nights.
From: Hickory, NC
1) Take US-321 north towards the town of Lenoir, about 17 miles
2) Turn left (south) on N. Main Street, continue .3 miles
3) Turn right (west) on SR-90, continue about about 9 miles
4) Turn left (south) on Adako Road, continue about 4 miles
5) Turn right on FS 299. Continue towards the staging area.