Motorcycle Island, Motorcycle Peninsula, Keystone Lake
Last Known Status
Known to many as "Motorcycle Island", this area is actually a peninsula with a small strip of land that connects to the island which can overflow if the water level goes over 75’, creating an actual island that is separated from the mainland.
Camping is not permitted at the staging areas or on the island but there is a newly installed campground that provides direct trail access. The terrain consists of open beaches, briar bushes and miles of sand and woods trails.
From: Tulsa, OK
1) Take US-412 west about 20 miles
2) Once over the Keystone Lake take the first exit after crossing the bridge
3) Turn right off the exit ramp, continue .04 miles
4) Turn right to go across the overpass
5) Turn right at the T-intersection, continue .4 miles
6) Turn left on W. Bears Glen Road, continue about 1 mile toward the lake.
7) Look for a gated entrance, proceed thorough and immediately turn left onto a dirt road.
8) Follow dirt road to gravel staging area.