Moore Creek Area, Groveland Ranger District, Dogtown, Dog Town Rd, Coalpit Hill, Ponderosa Way, Chinese Gulch, Buckhorn Flat, Virginia Point, Bald Mountain, Ham Coward Gulch, Bandarita Ridge, Monotti Hill, Merced River, Mother Lode Field Office, Groveland Ranger District
Last Known Status
This area mainly consists of rocky 4x4 roads with a few unmarked singletrack side trails. The trails in the southern section (BLM land) constituted most of the riding opportunity here and those trails have been permanently closed as of July 2010. The northern staging area (National Forest) remains open, but it offers just a handful of trails.
From: Modesto, CA
1) Take SR-132 east about 45 miles
2) Turn left (north) at intersection onto SR-49, continue 1 block
3) Turn right (east) on CR-J20, continue .5 miles
4) Veer right on Dogtown Road, continue 5.4 miles
5) Staging area is on the left (north).