Truckee, Hobart Hills, Stampede Reservoir, Russel Valley, Dry Creek, Dog Valley Rd, Tahoe National Forest, Truckee Ranger District
Last Known Status
Located in the Tahoe National Forest, this is the northern section of a three-part area that is surrounded by three reservoirs; Boca Reservoir, Prosser Reservoir and Stampede Reservoir. The trails here consist mostly of mild 4x4 roads but there are also various single track loops if you keep your eyes open (see map). There is a boat ramp and there are plenty of camping opportunities in this area, and nearby Prosser Hill OHV (to the west of 89) has additional trails. Trail Map...Directions...Nearby Trails...
From: Reno, NV
1) I-80 west toward Truckee
2) Take the exit for 89 north, continue north on 89 for 4.9 miles
3) Turn right on Hobart Mills
4) Turn left at the T, go through the gravel pit
5) Veer right at the next fork, stay on the paved road
6) Follow the paved road all the way to the stop sign
7) Turn left on Dog Valley Road, stay to the left, road turns to gravel
8) Follow gravel road 1.5 miles to staging area on left
9) Additional staging straight ahead, veer left when road turns back to pavement.
TYPE OF AREA
secluded, near reservoir
no good trails, the only single track is for mountain bikes only