Cannell Ranger District, Fish Creek Meadow, Pine Mountain, Jackass Meadows, Little Troy Meadows, Hooker Meadow, Smith Mountain, Sequoia National Forest, Ball Mountain, Bonita Meadows, West Meadow, Lookout Mountain, Danner Meadow, Corral Meadow, Stoney Meadow, Sherman Peak, Mahogany Creek, Trout Creek, Kern River, Monache Meadows, Kern Plateau OHV Area, Kern River Ranger District
Last Known Status
Closed For Season
This riding area has multiple campgrounds and staging opportunities plus about 150 miles of challenging single track trails geared toward the more experienced rider.
The trails are generally open from mid-June until the first snowfall, which is usually the first week of November. This is one of the most popular places to go for woods riding in southern California.
Nearby services such include the Kennedy Meadows General Store and the Grumpy Bear Saloon that has a full bar and restaurant with live bands that play on Saturday nights.
From: Ridgecrest, CA
1) Take US-395 north about 15 miles
2) Turn left (west) on Nine Mile Canyon Road, continue 11.1 miles
3) Turn right (north) on Kennedy Meadows Road, continue 9.2 miles
4) Turn left on CR-J14, continue 1.9 miles
5) Turn left at T-intersection on Kennedy Meadows Road, continue 1.7 miles
6) Turn left on Sherman Pass Road, continue about 7.7 miles to the campgrounds.