Keyhole Canyon, Western Rd, Mt. Duncan, Huse Spring, Copper Canyon, Knob Hill, Oak Creek Canyon, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, Techatticup Wash, Desert Queen Well, Mojave Desert
Last Known Status
Located in the Mojave Desert, this OHV area offers plenty of steep and challenging hill climbs, endless ATV trails, some dry river washes, twisting rock formations and small canyons. Beautiful desert scenery and interesting desert vegetation surround this area, but respect the area near the main entrance, as the first 3/4 mile of the access road is surrounded by limited use and private land. Overall, this is a fun place to check out and explore, but there are no services. Bring your own shade and water. Trail Map...Directions...Nearby Trails...
From: Las Vegas, NV
1) Take I-93 east toward Boulder City
2) Take exit for I-95 south, continue approx. 10 miles
3) Turn left (east) on Hwy. 165 and continue approx. 3.6 miles
4) Turn right (south) on a powerline lined dirt road*
5) There will be a gate, which may be closed but is not locked, go through gate and proceed approx. 1 1/4 mile
6) Main staging area will be on the left, stage anywhere in this large open area
*Note: After you pass gate, the first 3/4 mile consists of limited use and private land, and is labeled as such. Be sure to pass all the way through this area - to reach the main staging area.
TYPE OF AREA
BLM, Power Lines
secluded, free, cool hill climbs, tricky little sections, large area, endless trails