This coal mining company now offers trail riding on their property however a permit is required and must be obtained first by either applying in person at the Pottsville office or by ordering online. Cost is about $125/rider/year. Children under the age of 12 are not permited to ride on the property. The trails are open year-round but during hunting season it is advised to wear hunters orange clothing. Camping, boating and swimming opportunities can be found at nearby Locust Lake State Park.
From: Hazleton, PA
1) Note:***These are driving directions to the Reading Anthracite Company office to purchase permits. Driving directions to the trails will be given to permit holders.
2) Take I-81 south to exit 124A
3) Merge onto SR-61 south, continue 7.9 miles
4) Turn right (west) on Norwegian Plaza, proceed through next traffic light
5) Turn left (south) at stop sign, continue 1 block
6) Office is on the right (west).