This coal mining company now offers trail riding on their property however a permit is required and must be obtained first by either applying in person at the Pottsville office or by ordering online.
Children under the age of 12 are not permited to ride on the property. The trails are open year-round but during hunting season it is advised to wear hunters orange clothing. Camping, boating and swimming opportunities can be found at nearby Locust Lake State Park.
From: Hazleton, PA
1) Note:***These are driving directions to the Reading Anthracite Company office to purchase permits. Driving directions to the trails will be given to permit holders.
2) Take I-81 south to exit 124A
3) Merge onto SR-61 south, continue 7.9 miles
4) Turn right (west) on Norwegian Plaza, proceed through next traffic light
5) Turn left (south) at stop sign, continue 1 block
6) Office is on the right (west).