|Home > Arkansas > Fairfield Bay Trails|
Friday, April 28, 2023
Ozark Mountains, Woodland Mead Park
|Last Known Status||Open|
This part of the Ozark Mountains is home to four separate trail systems (blue, yellow, orange and green) that connect to each other via public roads in Fairfield Bay. The town is offroad friendly, and offers multiple staging areas to choose from, plus ATV and UTV riders can travel to and from hotels, restaurants, shops, campgrounds and the Marina within Fairfield Bay.
The trails are mostly wide and easy dirt roads with occasional stream crossings, shallow mud pits and moderately rocky terrain. The scenery is top notch, and some of the trails lead to waterfalls. Visitors should note that this trail system is open to ATVs and UTVs only, no dirt bikes or motorcycles.
The trails are open year-round during daylight hours but camping and overnight parking is not permitted at the staging areas or alongside the trails. ATV tours and kayak rentals are available. For details contact Fairfield Bay Chamber of Commerce.
|Other ATV Stickers Accepted||Unknown|
|Spark Arrestor||Yes||A spark arresting exhaust silencer or end cap is required for all vehicles.|
|Whip Flags||Not Required|
|Maximum Vehicle Width|
|Motorcycles & Dirt Bikes||Prohibited|
|UTV & SXS||Permitted|
|SUVs & Jeeps (registered)||Prohibited|
|Dune Buggy & Sand Rail|
|2 Stroke Engines||No Restriction|
|Night Riding||No||riding permitted sunrise to sunset|
|Trail Blazing||Prohibited||keep vehicle on trail|
|Approx Size||14,000 acres (22 sq mi)|
|Miles Of Trail||90|
|Elevation||850 to 1050 ft.|
|Trail Maintenance||Marked, Not Rated, Lightly Maintained|
|Hazards||Few||(hazards assumed marked but use caution)|
|Land||City Land, County Land|
|Gasoline||1-5 Miles (S)||Fairfield Bay Citgo (727) 458-6163|
|Diesel||1-5 Miles (S)||Fairfield Bay Citgo (727) 458-6163|
|Water||1-5 Miles (W)||Golden RV Park (501) 723- 8212|
|RV Hookup||1-5 Miles (W)||Golden RV Park (501) 723- 8212|
|RV Disposal||1-5 Miles (W)||Golden RV Park (501) 723- 8212|
|Campground||1-5 Miles (W)||Golden RV Park (501) 723- 8212|
|Conv Store||1-5 Miles (S)||Fairfield Bay Citgo (727) 458-6163|
|Recommended Stay||Full Day|
|Comments||(Scroll Down For Rider Reviews & Comments)|
|Nearest City||Fairfield Bay, AR|
|Address||Ashbrook Road, Fairfield Bay, AR 72088|
|From: Little Rock, AR
For the Yellow Trails:
1) Take I-40 West to Exit 125
2) Turn right (north) off the exit ramp onto Hwy 65, continue 26 miles
3) Turn right (east) onto Hwy 92, continue about 13 miles
4) Turn left (north) onto Hwy 16, continue 12.5 miles
5) Turn right (north) onto Ashbrook Road, park on the right side of road in single file.
For the Orange Trails:
1) From intersection of Hwy 16 and Dave Creek Parkway, head south 1.8 miles
2) Turn right (west) at sign for Woodland Mead Park. Parking permitted at pavilion and next to basketball courts.
For the Blue Trails:
1) Continue south past Woodland Mead Park .5 miles
2) Turn right (north) onto Hyde Parkway, continue .2 miles
3) Turn left (west) onto Somerset Lane, park alongside road.
For the Green Trails:
1) Take Hwy 16 to intersection for Maddox Drive (look for Fairfield May Mountain Ranch Entrance sign)
2) Turn right (west) to stay on Maddox Drive, continue .5 miles
3) Turn right (north) onto Apline Road, park alongside road.
|Contact Info||Fairfield Bay Chamber of Commerce|
365 Dave Creek Parkway
Fairfield Bay, AR 72088
RIDER COMMENTS & REVIEWS