|Home > Oregon > Millican Plateau|
Friday, April 28, 2023
Milican ODOT Pit, North Millican Valley OHV Trail System, South Millican Valley OHV Trail System
|Last Known Status||Open|
This is another huge area, but primitive camping is permitted so you can stay awhile. The area consists of four sections:
(1) Milican ODOT Pit is open year round and has gravel mounds and a beginners loop sections that is fenced off. Trucks and other 4WDs are not permitted in the pit area and the area gets pretty dry and dusty during the summer.
(2) Milican Plateau is open year-round and consists of sandy trails with sagebrush/juniper vegetation.
(3) North Millican is open May 1 through November 30 and offers a large cinder pit/play area.
(4) South Millican is located on an ancient lakebed and terrain is mainly flat with some rolling hills. The trails are sandy but are well marked and is seasonally open August 1 through November 30.
|Permit Required||Yes||Oregon ATV Permit stickers required|
|Dates Open||Milican ODOT Pit and Plateau Trails open year-round, North Millican is open 5/1-11/30, South Millican is open 8/1-11/30|
|Other ATV Stickers Accepted||Yes||An operating permit issued for another state will be honored, but only if the issuing state also honors Oregon operating permits. (As of October 1, 2021, Oregon no longer honors stickers from Washington.) (AZ, CA, ID, IN, MO, NV, PA, SC, UT, VT)|
|Spark Arrestor||Yes||A spark arresting exhaust silencer or end cap is required for all vehicles.|
|Noise Limit||Yes (99 dB)|
|Whip Flags||Not Required|
|Maximum Vehicle Width|
|Motorcycles & Dirt Bikes||Permitted|
|UTV & SXS||Some Areas|
|4x4 & Jeeps (registered)||Some Areas||37 miles open to Jeeps and UTVs|
|Dune Buggy & Sand Rail|
|Some Areas||Oregon ATV Permit stickers required|
37 miles open to Jeeps and UTVs
|2 Stroke Engines||No Restriction|
|MX Helmet Required||Youth Only||required for persons under 18 by state law|
(RiderPlanet strongly recommends helmets for all riders.)
|Camping||No Restriction||(camp anywhere)|
|Trail Blazing||Prohibited||riders must stay on trail|
|Approx Size||96,000 acres (150 sq mi)|
|Miles Of Trail||255|
|Elevation||3300 to 4200 ft.|
|Hazards||Few||(hazards assumed marked but use caution)|
|Gasoline||20-30 Miles (NW)||Shell (541) 385-3074|
|Diesel||20-30 Miles (NW)||Shell (541) 385-3074|
|Water||5-20 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir Campground (541) 447-4363|
|RV Hookup||20-30 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir Campground (541) 447-4363|
|RV Disposal||20-30 Miles (NE)||Prineville Reservoir Campground (541) 447-4363|
|Conv Store||Millican, OR|
|Recommended Stay||1-2 Days|
|Comments||(Scroll Down For Rider Reviews & Comments)|
|Nearest City||Millican, OR|
|From: Bend, OR
1) Take US-20 East toward the town of Millican, about 25 miles
2) Continue about 1 mile past town, look for Millican/ODOT staging area signs (staging area is on the north side of highway).
For Four Corners Staging Area:
3) Take US-20 to Powell Butte Hwy, continue 1 mile
4) Turn right (east) onto Alfalfa Market Road, continue about 16 miles.
5) Look for Four Corners Staging Area signs.
|Contact Info||Central Oregon OHV Operations|
1230 NE 3rd Street Suite A-262
Bend, OR 97701
|Comment||24-Hour OHV Trail Hotline|
|Contact Info||BLM - Prineville District|
3050 NE Third Street
Prinville, OR 97754
|Contact Info||Oregon State Parks Online Store|
725 Summer Street NE, Suite C
Salem, OR 97301
RIDER COMMENTS & REVIEWS