RiderPlanet USA Motorcycle And ATV Trails
HomeFind ATV TrailsATV and Dirt Bike ArticlesCalendar of ATV and Motorcycle EventsSupport CenterDonate

Washington ORV Tab

How To Register Your ORV in Washington

RP Staff (May 2019)

Washington has some amazing trails. Next to Idaho, this state has possibly some of the best single track and rugged 4x4 trails around. And as a bonus there are even some sand dunes! But before you go, you need to know that to ride any of this public land, your ORV needs to be registered.

According to state law, dirt bikes, ATVs and UTVs (or any vehicle with 2, 3 or 4 wheels) that are not street legal must be registered. If you are a resident, that is just a day trip to the local DMV.

From out of state with a non-street legal dirt bike? If the bike is registered in your home state with a similar offroad registration program, it's likely Washington will reciprocate (Idaho, Oregon and *Utah are examples). From a state that does not register offroad vehicles? You will need to get a Temporary ORV Use Permit.

**Beginning January 1, 2020, Utah will no longer have reciprocity with any of the 49 states.

© 2021 Misirena Digital, LLC Home  |   ATV Trails  |   Articles  |   Calendar  |   Support Center  |   Good Stuff